Are there other consequences?

The juvenile may also be cited into municipal court. Upon adjudication, the judge, referee, or hearing officer may do any of the following:

  • Reprimand the minor and take no further action
  • Refer the matter to Juvenile Probation
  • Direct the Probation Department to place the minor on supervised probation
  • Order the minor to pay a fine not to exceed $250
  • Any combination of the above
  • The minor may also be assigned to a work detail by the Police Department Special Victims Unit

Show All Answers

1. Where will the police officer take my child if he/she is picked up for a curfew violation?
2. Can I be fined?
3. Are there other consequences?
4. Could my child be placed with other law violators?