News Flash

News & Announcements

Posted on: March 8, 2023

Council Allocates $7 Million to Local Nonprofits

federal stimulus check with words "investing in our community"

At its March 7 meeting, the Concord City Council allocated $7 million in one-time federal funds to 22 local nonprofits serving the Concord community. The funds come from the overall $27 million that Concord received as part of the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA). 

“As a City that benefits from the contributions of so many wonderful nonprofit organizations, we are grateful for this unique, one-time opportunity to make a significant investment in their work,” said Concord Mayor Laura Hoffmeister.

“Selecting the 22 recipients and allocating the $7 million was not an easy task,” she said. “There are many worthy organizations who make a big difference in the lives of our residents.” 

The City received 70 eligible grant applications, with a combined funding request of $34.4 million. 

In September 2022, Council appointed an ad hoc committee consisting of then-Mayor Dominic Aliano and Hoffmeister. The two reviewed all applications, which were submitted by Oct. 28, 2022. All applicants were then invited to participate in interviews with the ad hoc committee. Each ad hoc committee member scored each application based on a 100-point rubric, with 200 total points possible when scoring sheets were combined.

The 22 organizations selected for funding will receive grants ranging from $50,000 to $1.5 million; 80% will be distributed initially, with the remaining 20% at a later date. Funds must be spent by December 2024, and the City will require documentation and follow up to ensure the funds were spent as intended. 

Read the full press release, which includes the list of recipients.

Facebook Twitter Email

Other News in News & Announcements

all five city councilmembers pictured, Nakamura, Aliano, Hoffmeister, Birsan, Obringer

Birsan Named Mayor, Obringer Vice Mayor

Posted on: December 6, 2023
Shop Concord logo with mountain and sun

Shop Concord Relaunches Gift Card Program

Posted on: November 20, 2023
accessible curb ramp for wheelchairs

Oct. 25 ADA Transition Plan Meeting

Posted on: October 18, 2023
two women softball players standing on field

Registration Now Open for Fall Fun

Posted on: August 15, 2023
base reuse

Master Developer to be Considered 8/26

Posted on: August 15, 2023
concord jazz around town

Concord Jazz Around Town Returns

Posted on: July 15, 2023
fourth of july parade

Fourth of July Festivities Planned

Posted on: June 13, 2023
CERT logo

CERT Training Returns This July

Posted on: June 12, 2023
employees of local small businesses

Celebrating Small Businesses

Posted on: May 3, 2023
Hillside at former Concord Naval Weapons Station

Council Votes to Reject Term Sheet

Posted on: January 28, 2023
former concord naval weapons station

Jan. 7 Meeting Moved to Council Chamber

Posted on: January 5, 2023
Winter/Spring 2023 Guide Cover

Winter/Spring Activity Guide is Here

Posted on: December 9, 2022
full city council standing at dais

Hoffmeister Selected as Concord's Mayor

Posted on: December 7, 2022
Exterior of City Council Chamber

ARPA Recommendations Meeting Postponed

Posted on: December 7, 2022
thermometer against blue sky and sunshine

UPDATED: Concord Offers Cooling Center

Posted on: August 31, 2022
federal stimulus check with words "investing in our community"

Feb. 23 Meeting Highlights Federal Funding

Posted on: February 19, 2022
map of concord showing evacuation zones

Concord Launches Zonehaven for Emergencies

Posted on: February 16, 2022
Concord Council Districts Map 2021

Concord Continues Redistricting Process

Posted on: January 27, 2022
organic recycling material, including coffee grounds, pizza crust and yard waste

Organics Recycling Law Takes Effect

Posted on: January 24, 2022
Concord Council Districts Map 2021

Concord Continues Redistricting Process

Posted on: December 29, 2021
Mayor Dominic Aliano and Vice Mayor Laura Hoffmeister

Aliano Selected as Concord's New Mayor

Posted on: December 7, 2021
Flooding parking lot

Prepare for Winter Storm

Posted on: January 23, 2021
social media icons

Tools to Keep You Informed

Posted on: August 21, 2020
Eviction Moratorium Graphic

Details about Eviction Moratorium

Posted on: April 2, 2020
Police Chief Guy Swanger

Chief Swanger Retires

Posted on: April 2, 2020
Stay home graphic

Stay Home Order Extended to May 3

Posted on: March 31, 2020
Hands texting 911 on a cell phone

Text-to-911 Available Sept. 16

Posted on: September 12, 2019
Two employees working, text reads "Prioritizing our Tomorrow"

Community Meetings Announced

Posted on: September 17, 2019