UPDATE: Watch the meeting here!
Please join us on Wednesday, Aug. 12 at 6:30 p.m. for a community conversation about homelessness and mental health. This is a follow-up to Concord’s July 15 Council Study Session on Police Policies, Practices and Budget.
The community has expressed an interest in learning more about what the city, county and non-profit partners are doing in collaboration to address these issues and support our unhoused residents and people with mental health needs. We have assembled a fantastic panel of experts who will describe their agency’s response efforts, answer community questions and listen to community concerns.
- Lavonna Martin, Contra Costa County Director, Health, Housing and Homeless Services
- Suzanne Tavano, Contra Costa County Director of Behavioral Health
- Gigi Crowder, Executive Director of NAMI Contra Costa County
- Concord Police Chief Mark Bustillos
- Tim McGallian, Concord Mayor
- Dominic Aliano, Concord Vice Mayor
- Karen Mitchoff, County Supervisor District 4
- Valerie Barone, Concord City Manager
- Meeting facilitated by: Tiffany Hoang, Circle Up Education
Members of the public who wish to participate in the webinar must register in advance. Those who would simply like to view the conversation can do so through Facebook, the City’s website and Concord TV (Comcast 28, Wave 29 and U-verse 99). Questions may be submitted in advance through the registration link or by sending an email to email@example.com.