Moving to Concord

Whether you are moving from one neighborhood to another neighborhood in Concord or to Concord from another city, there are details that need to be taken care of. Here are some resources to help:

Finding Housing

Use the following resources if you're looking for a place to live in Concord:

Parks & Recreation Activities

Concord offers many activities for its residents. A list of these activities is published quarterly in the Parks and Recreation Activity Guide.


Water service is provided by the Contra Costa Water District. There is a fee for setting up a new account. You may telephone the Customer Service Office at 925-688-8044 or drop by their office at:
1331 Concord Avenue
Concord, CA 94519 

Monday through Friday
8 a.m. and 5 p.m. 

They will need your name, address (whether you own or are renting), your employer, and your home and work telephone numbers. For more information visit the Contra Costa Water District Website.

Garbage & Recycling

Every residence is required to have curbside garbage collection. The fees vary depending on size and number of cans you have. Contact Mt. Diablo Resource Recovery at 925-682-9113 for more information.

There are also many opportunities for recycling in Concord.


Pacific Gas and Electric Company provides gas service to Concord residences, businesses, and government agencies. To connect gas service, please call PG&E at 800-743-5000. A deposit is required to establish service. For more information visit the PG&E Website.


MCE, a local, not-for-profit government agency, is the default provider of electrical power to Concord residences, businesses, and government agencies, but still relies on PG&E for billing, transmission, and distribution services. MCE is an opt-out community choice program where electrical accounts are automatically enrolled in the "Light-Green" plan, but customers may opt-out and remain with PG&E for electrical procurement, if they wish. Alternatively, customers can also choose to opt-up to MCE's "Deep Green" 100-% renewable option or MCE's "Local Sol" 100% local solar option. For more information on MCE, please visit the Community Choice Energy page.

To connect electrical service for both PG&E and MCE customers, please call PG&E at 800-743-5000. A deposit is required to establish service. For more information visit the PG&E Website.


The Mt. Diablo Unified School District provides Pre-K through 12th grade education as well as adult education. 

To see a list of nearby schools offering higher education, visit


The East Bay Times is the local daily paper. Subscribe online or call 925-933-1717. The local insert, the Concord Transcript, delivered to Concord residents on Fridays with the East Bay Times.