Youth & Adult Programs
WHAT IS IT?
Explore N' More is a new full day care option to assist working families in distance learning, provide supervision, and recreational activities during the week. Based on the success of our socially distanced summer day camps (Backyard Explorers and East Bay Explorers), we are confident the City of Concord Parks & Recreation Department can provide a safe program for your child.
This program is available for children TK-8th grade, and runs Monday-Friday from 7:30 am-5:30 pm. The program is open to students in any school district.
Parks & Recreation staff will assist students in logging into their various online classes, aid with technical difficulties, and support learning when possible. Please note that Explore ‘N More is not school-staff are not teachers or tutors, but they will work hard to communicate closely with parents to support participants in their distance learning.
When not “in-class”, staff will lead participants in the fun games and activities in their assigned stable cohorts. All activities will follow COVID-19 hygiene practices, including social distancing and masks. All children attending the program will be required to wear a mask except when eating.
WHAT DATES and locations are OPEN?
Explore N' More will open September 8, 2020 at the Willow Pass Community Center, and will be open on school days and closed on school holidays. Sessions will run on a monthly basis, with registration for the next session opening 10 days before it begins. Priority will be given to those already enrolled the program and Concord residents. Current program dates are...
- October 5-October 30
Future sessions will be posted as school year progresses. Additional sites, including the Concord Senior Center and Centre Concord, will be added based on community need and staffing availability.
The program can be cancelled or modified due to illness, schools reopening, or a change in State, County, or Federal guidelines.
WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
- Each day, students must bring their own fully charged laptop/chromebook and associated chargers, textbooks, school supplies (paper, coloring items, pencils, etc) headphones (microphone required), snacks and lunch. Food will not be provided, so be sure to pack enough food for the whole day.
- Parents are responsible for providing staff an outline of student’s daily class schedule information as well as important login and password credentials.
- City facilities are equipped with WiFi and extension cords and power strips as needed.
The cost for each session varies based on the number of days of care provided, averaging to $5/ hour.
- October 5-October 30: $1000/residents, $1100/non-residents
Payments can be made in full, or on a payment plan. If utilizing the payment plan, half is due immediately upon sign up, and the other half is due the first day of the program. You must have a credit card on file and saved on your payment plan to use this option. Payments are non-refundable.
WHAT IS IT?
Join us for an afterschool, recreational program with arts & crafts, games, sports and more! Your child will make new friends, socialize, and have fun in small cohorts supervised by highly trained staff.
This program runs from 2:00-5:00 at the Willow Pass Community Center from Monday-Thursday
- October 5-October $264 R/$290 NR
WHAT ARE YOUR HEALTH & SAFETY PRECAUTIONS?
Health and safety procedures include, but are not limited to...
- No contact drop-off & pick up
- Daily health screenings for participants and staff prior to entry
- Frequent sanitation of high contact surfaces and program equipment
- Masking of staff and participants
- Small group sizes (minimum of 8 children, maximum of 12 to every 2 staff members)
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Concord residents will receive priority registration access before the program opens to non-residents. A waiting list will be maintained for future site openings. No payment is due when you join the waiting list.
Participants will be divided into age appropriate cohorts after registration closes; you will receive an email with cohort information after they are determined.
Register at www.concordreg.org