* * * Please note * * *
Due to the current roofing construction project at the Civic Center, the Finance and Business License office is being temporarily relocated to the Permit Center (Wing D) until further notice. We will be assisting customers during our normal hours of operation from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. and 1 p.m. to 4 p.m. Our phone numbers and email addresses will remain unchanged. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause and will do our best to minimize disruptions to our services.
The Finance Department is committed to maintaining high quality accounting standards, to safeguarding City's assets, to providing financial information in a timely manner, and to providing positive customer service to both external and internal customers. We take pride in our work and are accountable and trusted to carry out our responsibilities with honesty and integrity.
Functional Operational Areas
- Performing the accounting for all of the City's financial transactions
- Preparing the Annual Financial Report
- Preparing all other required annual financial statements
- Coordinating the annual operating and capital budget process, including the development of the fee schedule
- Providing departments with reports and analysis to ensure expenditures are maintained within budget appropriations
Purchasing & Accounts Payable
- Administering the purchasing program to ensure purchases are made in compliance with City policy and vendors are paid on time and accurately
- Filling all required regulatory and tax-related documentation in a timely manner
- Completing all regulatory reporting requirements.
- Processing biweekly payroll for all of the city's merit and per diem employees
- Reporting and paying tax obligations
Treasury & Revenue Management
- Administering the business license tax program and monitoring and enforcing collections of other revenue sources
- Managing the City's cash and investments to ensure cash requirements are met and return on invested funds is aligned with the City's investments policy
- Managing the City's debt portfolio to ensure adequate funds are available to make principal, interest, and other debt-related payments in a timely manner, as well as ensuring all continuing disclosure requirements