City of Concord, California

Frequently Asked Questions

Frequently Asked Questions

How do I report suspicious activity that might lead to a crime?

If you are aware of suspicious activity happening in a certain location of the City, the very best way to prevent a possible crime resulting from that activity is to report the suspicious activity to the sub-beat officer(s) in charge of patrolling that area.

Concord's crime prevention efforts are founded on a philosophy of Community Policing that promotes proactive problem solving and community engagement to address the causes of crime and other community issues. When the residents of Concord establish a direct dialogue with the sub-beat officers in their communities, proactive problem-solving can occur to prevent crimes before they are committed.

How to Pay a parking ticket?

Tickets issued by the City of Concord can be paid by mail or online. To pay online, go to and follow the directions on the Web site.

To pay by mail, follow the instructions listed on the parking ticket.

Please note: if you lose your parking ticket, you can either look it up or pay online by visiting the Web site listed above.

For payment plan assistance, please visit or call (925) 671-3259.

How to report a traffic hazard or complaint

Any traffic complaint that involves a life-threatening situation such as a road rage incident can be made by calling 911.

Other traffic complaints may include but are not limited to speeders in your neighborhood, abandoned vehicles on the street, junk vehicles on private property, and parking violation complaints. These types of complaints can be reported by using one of the following options:

Via email:

  • Email the police department at
  • In your email Subject, please list the type of complaint (abandoned, junk, nuisance, etc)
  • In the narrative, please list the description and license plate of the vehicle, date or time-period of the complaint, synopsis of the problem, and your contact information (name/address/phone-- optional)
  • The Community Service Officer in charge of the Traffic, Parking and Vehicle Abatement unit will handle all emails.

In person:

  • Visit any Field Office or the Community Service Desk at Police Headquarters and complete a traffic complaint form.

How can I get a copy of a police report?

Contact the Records Bureau at (925) 671-3240.

How can I contact a patrol officer?

You will need to access their voice mail by dialing (925) 671-3311, press 4, followed by their three digit ID number.

What job openings are available in the Police Department?

Contact the City's Employment Hotline at (925) 671-3151 or contact the Police Department at (925) 671-3200.

How do I dispute or appeal a parking citation??

If you feel you were given a parking ticket in error and this happened the same day, you can go to the Concord Police Department and ask to speak to an officer at the Traffic and Parking desk.

If this cannot be done the same day, please follow the directions below to contest your ticket:

  1. Send your ticket, along with a letter of explanation stating why you are contesting the ticket.
  2. Mail the ticket and the letter in the envelope provided. Ticket and letter must be postmarked by the due date listed on the ticket.
  3. You will receive a letter of disposition in the mail indicating whether or not the ticket has been dismissed or upheld.
  4. If you still wish to contest the ticket after receiving your letter of disposition, follow the instructions on the disposition letter.

For more information, please contact the Traffic Bureau at (925) 671-3259.

How can I become a volunteer for the Police Department?

Opportunities for Volunteering at the Concord Police Department include the following:

  • Explorer Program
  • Police Reserves
  • V.I.P.S. (Volunteers in Police Service)
  • Concord PAL

Each program is distinctly different, so check out which one would suit your specific needs.

How do I determine if there are any registered sex offenders living in my neighborhood?

To check for registered sex offenders in your neighborhood, please visit the Megan's Law web site maintained by the State of California Attorney General's office. If you have additional questions, please contact the Special Victims Unit at (925) 671-3020.

Where is the nearest police academy?

Contra Costa County
Office of the Sheriff
Law Enforcement Training Center
Basic Police Academy
(925) 439-2181, ext. 3136

How can I get a restraining order?

Call Contra Costa County Clerk's Office at (925) 646-2950.

Does the police department provide fingerprinting services?

Live scan fingerprinting is available to the public. Contact the community service desk at (925) 603-5863 for details.

What informational brochures are available at the Police Department?

Publications and Brochures are available at Police headquarters and at Community Policing Field Offices.

How do I establish or become involved in a neighborhood watch group?

Contact the Community Action and Awareness Information Line at 671-3237 and press 5002. Leave a message with your name, address and phone number. A minimum of two weeks notice is required.

Who do I call to report a traffic hazard such as a malfunctioning signal?

From 7:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., contact Maintenance Services at 671-3132. After hours, contact Police Dispatch at 671-3333.

Who do I call to remove debris from the roadway?

For debris in the public right-of-way (streets, sidewalks), contact 671-3132 during regular business hours. After hours, contact Police dispatch at 671-3333.

City of Concord CA