City of Concord, California

Building Division - Non-Residential Projects (Commercial and Industrial)

Submittal Requirements

The following are "How to…" documents associated with non-residential projects. They are designed to help applicants through the entire development review process, from application to final construction

  • New buildings (CNEW)
  • Additions (CADD)
  • Alterations and Repairs (CALT)
  • Solar (CSOLAR)
  • Pools (CPOOL)
  • Signs (CSIGN)

Unreasonable Hardship Documentation

Non-residential projects subject to Title 24 Access requirements of Chapter 11B may utilize exceptions within the chapter that require determination of Unreasonable Hardship, as it is defined in the California Building Code for its intended purpose.

The current and previous year's valuation threshold for use with existing buildings undergoing alterations, structural repairs or additions may be found at the Division of State Architect web site. Currently, the valuation threshold for 2014 is $143,303.00.

Applicants desiring to submit an unreasonable hardship for evaluation by the Chief Building Official may utilize the Unreasonable Hardship Form.

City of Concord CA