Laura M. Hoffmeister, Mayor
Edi E. Birsan, Vice Mayor
Ronald E. Leone
Timothy A. McGallian
Carlyn S. Obringer
1950 Parkside Drive
Concord, CA 94519
Regular Meeting of the Concord City Council
Tuesday, February 28, 2017
5:30 p.m. Open Session.
Council Chamber. 1950 Parkside Drive.
Garden Conference Room, Wing A. 1950 Parkside Drive
Information for the public on participation at Council meetings can be found on the back of the Speaker Identification Card located near the Council Chamber entrance. Should you have any questions after consulting the Speaker Identification Card, please contact the City Clerk prior to the Council meeting.
AGENDIZED ITEMS - The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the agenda before or during the City Council’s consideration of that item. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes.
Pledge to the Flag - Councilmember Leone
- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
This is a fifteen minute Public Comment Period for items within the City Council's subject matter jurisdiction that are not on this agenda. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes. State law prohibits the City Council from acting at this meeting on any matter raised during the Public Comment Period.
- CITY COUNCIL CONSENT CALENDAR
The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the Consent Calendar before or during the City Council's consideration of the Consent Calendar. Adoption of the Consent Calendar may be made by one motion of the City Council, provided that any Councilmember, individual or organization may request removal of an item from the Consent Calendar for separate consideration. If a request for removal of an item from the Consent Calendar has been received, the Mayor may defer action on the particular item and place the same on the regular agenda for consideration in any order s/he deems appropriate.
- Considering - approval of the minutes from the meetings of January 31 and February 7, 2017. Recommended by the City Clerk.
- Considering - acceptance of improvements for Franquette Avenue Pedestrian & Bike Trail Connector, Project No. 2307; and directing the City Clerk to file a Notice of Completion. Recommended by the Director of Community and Economic Development.
- Considering - approval of an Agreement for Professional Services with Harris & Associates in the amount of $93,164 to provide for design services and related services for Downtown Sanitary Sewer Upgrade Phase 2b, Project No. 2404, subject to approval of the City Attorney; and authorizing the City Manager to execute the agreement. (Sewer Enterprise Funds) Recommended by the Director of Community and Economic Development.
- Considering - award of contract for Phase I of the Downtown Sidewalk, Curb and Gutter Improvements project, Project No. 2374, in the amount of $233,000 to Kerex Engineering Inc. of Pleasant Hill; and authorizing the City Manager to execute the contract in a form acceptable to the City Attorney. (Downtown Landscape Maintenance District Fund) Recommended by the Director of Public Works.
This project qualifies for a Categorical Exemption pursuant to the California Environmental Quality Act Guidelines Sections 15301 - Existing Facilities, 15302 - Replacement or Reconstruction, and 15304 - Minor Alterations to Land because it involves the replacement of existing sidewalk, curb and gutter, and related installation work.
- Considering - adoption of Resolution No. 17-14 authorizing the Contra Costa Flood Control and Water Conservation District to maintain the already established annual parcel assessment of $35 per single family residence a year for Fiscal Year 2017-18 for drainage maintenance and implementation of the National Pollutant Discharge Elimination System Program. Recommended by the Director of Public Works.
- CITY COUNCIL CONSIDERATION ITEMS
The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the agenda before or during the City Council's consideration of that item. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes
- Interview - applicants for Concord Planning Commission to fill three positions with terms sending February 28, 2021 and one unscheduled vacancy with a term ending February 28, 2019. Report by Joelle Fockler, City Clerk.
Next Meeting: Regular Meeting
Date: 3/7/2017 - 6:30 PM
ADA NOTICE AND HEARING IMPAIRED PROVISIONS - The Council Chamber is equipped with Easy Listener Sound Amplifier units for use by the hearing impaired. The units operate in conjunction with the Chamber's sound system. You may request the Easy Listener Phonic Ear Personal Sound Amplifier from the City Clerk for personal use during Council meetings.
In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and California Law, it is the policy of the City of Concord to offer its public programs, services and meetings in a manner that is readily accessible to everyone, including those with disabilities. If you are disabled and require a copy of a public hearing notice, or an agenda and/or agenda packet in an appropriate alternative format; or if you require other accommodation, please contact the ADA Coordinator at (925) 671-3021, at least five days in advance of the hearing. Advance notification within this guideline will enable the City to make reasonable arrangements to ensure accessibility.
The following is a list of regular Council Committee meeting dates. Most meetings are held in the Garden Conference Room, 1950 Parkside Drive, Concord. NOTE: Meetings are subject to change or cancellation. For latest information and committee agendas please call 671-3158.
|Policy Development & Internal Operations||Hoffmeister/Birsan||2nd Thursday at 6:00 pm|
|Housing & Economic Development||Leone/Obringer||4th Monday at 5:30 pm|
|Infrastructure & Franchise||Birsan/Hoffmeister||2nd Monday at 6:00 pm|
|Recreation, Cultural Affairs & Community Services||Obringer/McGallian||3rd Wednesday at 5:30 pm|
|Youth & Education||McGallian/Leone||3rd Monday at 5:30 pm|