2727 Parkside Circle, Concord
Laura M. Hoffmeister, Mayor
Ronald E. Leone, Vice Mayor
Edi E. Birsan
Timothy S. Grayson
Daniel C. Helix
1950 Parkside Drive
Concord, CA 94519
Regular Meeting of the Concord City Council/
City Council Sitting as the Local Reuse Authority
April 5, 2016.
6:30 p.m. Open Session.
Concord Senior Center. 2727 Parkside Circle
AGENDIZED ITEMS - The public is entitled to address the City Council on items appearing on the agenda before or during the City Council's consideration of that item. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes.
Pledge to the Flag - Councilmember Helix
- PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD
This is a fifteen minute Public Comment Period for items within the City Council's subject matter jurisdiction that are not on this agenda. Each speaker will be limited to approximately three minutes. State law prohibits the City Council from acting at this meeting on any matter raised during the Public Comment Period.
- Announcing - a recruitment to fill an unscheduled vacancy on the Planning Commission for a term ending February 28, 2017, and setting Friday, May 6, 2016, at 5 p.m. as the deadline for receipt of applications by the City Clerk. Recommended by the City Clerk.
- CITY COUNCIL CONSENT CALENDAR
- Approving - the minutes from the meeting of February 11, 2016. (No fiscal impact) Recommended by the City Clerk.
- Authorizing - the purchase of Dell computer equipment in the amount of $202,042.81 (Funded by the Computer Replacement Fund). Recommended by the Director of Information Technology.
- Awarding - a construction contract in the amount of $852,612.95 to Granite Construction of Santa Clara; approving a Professional Services Agreement with Swinerton Management and Consulting of Concord in the amount of $121,880 for construction management services; and authorizing the City Manager to execute the Agreement for Concord Various Streets Preservation, Project No. 2292. (Funded by OBAG Grant, Measure J and CalRecycle Grant) Recommended by the Director of Community and Economic Development.
- Approving - a Professional Services Agreement with BKF Engineers of Walnut Creek in the amount of $218,843 for design services for Farm Bureau Road Complete Streets - Phase 2 (Wren Avenue to Walnut Avenue), Project No. 2354, and authorizing the City Manager to execute the Agreement. (Funded by Gas Tax and Measure J) Recommended by the Director of Community and Economic Development.
- Authorizing - submittal of applications to CalRecycle for payment programs and related authorizations. Resolution No. 16-6 for adoption. Recommended by the Director of Public Works.
- Matter to Set for Public Hearing - on Tuesday, April 26, 2016, at 6:30 p.m. in the Council Chamber - Consideration of the Draft 2016-17 Action Plan for Community Grant Funding from Community Development Block Grant Funds (CDBG) and Child Care Developer Fees. Recommended by the Director of Community and Economic Development.
- CITY COUNCIL/CITY COUNCIL SITTING AS THE LOCAL REUSE AUTHORITY
- Selecting - a Master Developer to negotiate a Disposition and Development Agreement to implement the First Phase of the Concord Reuse Project (CRP) Area Plan. Recommended by the Director of Community Reuse Planning.
- CORRESPONDENCE - Correspondence received at the City Council meeting will be listed here on the Annotated Agenda.
- REPORTS AND ANNOUNCEMENTS
Closed Session Announcements
City Manager or Staff Reports
Next Meeting: City Council
Date: 4/12/2016 - 6:30 p.m.
|Housing and Economic Development||Leone/Helix||4th Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Infrastructure and Franchise||Helix/Birsan||2nd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Policy Development and Internal Operations||Hoffmeister/Leone||2nd Thursday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|
|Recreation, Cultural Affairs and Community Services||Grayson/Hoffmeister||3rd Wednesday, 5:30 pm, City Manager's Conference Room|
|Youth and Education||Birsan/Grayson||3rd Monday, 5:30 pm, Garden Conference Room|