March 29, 2017
Long-time resident appointed Concord Treasurer
The Concord City Council unanimously appointed Edith Patricia (Patti) Barsotti to the position of City Treasurer, to fill the remainder of Tim McGallian's term. McGallian was appointed to the City Council in January. Barsotti's term ends in December 2018. The position is an elected one and will be on the November 2018 ballot.
Barsotti, a Certified Financial Planner, is currently Vice President of Wealth Management at The Mechanics Bank in Concord and has worked in the banking industry since 1988. She has lived in Concord for nearly 40 years and is very active in the community, especially with the Kiwanis Club and Greater Concord Chamber of Commerce.
The duties associated with the office of City Treasurer are handled by the Senior Financial Analyst, a City employee. The elected City Treasurer serves as an advisor and to provide oversight of the following City programs:
- Receive and safely keep all money coming into the Treasury
- Comply with all laws governing the deposit and securing of public funds
- Pay out money only on warrants signed by legally designated persons
- Regularly submit to the City Clerk a written report and accounting of all receipts, disbursements, and fund balances
- Perform such duties relative to the collection of city taxes and license fees as are prescribed by ordinance.
For additional information, please contact the City Clerk's office, (925) 671-3495