City of Concord Rules: The City of Concord has declared a local state of emergency due to COVID-19 and city offices are closed to the public. Concord City Council and Planning Commission meetings are essential events; therefore, they have not been cancelled. However, City of Concord officials and staff will conduct meetings telephonically or otherwise electronically.* The City will not make available any physical location from which members of the public may observe the meeting and offer public comment. Instead, members of the public may observe and address the meeting remotely. Below is information on how to do that.
Below you will find information on how to watch the meetings and how to make public comment. Please email the City Clerk with any questions.
How to Submit Public Comments
Written: All comments received before 3:00 p.m. the day of the meeting will be posted on the City’s website as “Correspondence” under the relevant agenda item and provided to the City Councilmembers prior to the meeting.
- If you are commenting on a particular item on the agenda, please identify the agenda item number and letter.
- If you are commenting on an item not listed on the agenda, please identify your comment as a General Public Comment.
To Participate in Public Comment During the Meeting:
Staff Reads Your Comments Aloud: When the Mayor opens the public comment period for the relevant agenda item, please email your comments to email@example.com. If you want your comment read aloud, prominently write “Read Aloud at Meeting” at the top of the email and your comments will be read into the record (not to exceed three minutes at staff’s cadence). Comments received outside of the public comment period for the relevant item will not be read aloud but will be inserted into the meeting record.
Live Remote Public Comments: Members of the public may submit a live remote public comment via Zoom video conferencing. Download the Zoom mobile app from the Apple Appstore or Google Play. If you are using a desktop computer, you can test your connection to Zoom by clicking here. Make sure that you have a working microphone, and if you want to be seen during your comments, a web camera. Zoom also allows you to join the meeting by phone.
- Join the meeting at any point, but be sure you are in the meeting prior to the City Council consideration of the item on which you would like to provide comments.
- From a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android: https://cityofconcord.zoom.us/j/97791489084
- Webinar ID: 977 9148 9084
- By phone: US: +1 669 900 6833
- Speakers will be asked to provide their name and city of residence, although providing this is not required for participation.
- Each speaker will be afforded up to 3 minutes to speak.
- Speakers will be muted until their opportunity to provide public comment.
- When the Mayor opens a public comment period on the item on which you would like to comment, please use the “raise hand” feature (or press *9 if connecting via telephone) which will alert staff that you have a comment to provide.
Written: All comments received before 3:00 pm the day of the meeting will be posted on the City’s website as “Correspondence” under the relevant agenda item and provided to the Planning Commissioners at the meeting. Please email your comments to PC Public Comments.
Read Aloud During the Meeting: email your comments to PC Public Comments when the Chair opens the public comment period for the relevant agenda item; please indicate the agenda item and title in your email subject line. If you want your comment read aloud, prominently write “Read Aloud at Meeting” at the top of the email and your comments will be read into the record (not to exceed three minutes at staff’s cadence).
how to WATCH LIVE MEETINGS
There are three ways you can watch the Concord public meetings during this time.
The first is to watch it on TV on Comcast Channel 28, Wave Channel 29, and U-verse Channel 99.
The other two options are streaming from different locations through the City’s website. Both options are outlined below, and it is highly recommended you use a current and well supported browser for these options.
*Executive Order N-25-20
The Contra Costa County Health Department has ordered individuals in Contra Costa County to “shelter in place.” The California Department of Public Health issued its “Mass Gatherings Guidance on Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19” followed by a recommendation that certain gatherings in California be postponed or canceled. The Governor of the State of California issued Executive Order N-25-20 which, among other things, orders that all California residents are to “. . . heed any orders and guidance of state and local public health officials, including but not limited to the imposition of social distancing measures, to control the spread of COVID-19” and pursuant to Executive Order N-33-20 has ordered all individuals in California to stay home or at their place of residence with very limited exceptions. That means residents must obey State, County, and City of Concord rules and guidelines.