City of Concord Rules: The City of Concord has declared a local state of emergency due to COVID-19 and is closed to the public. Concord Planning Commission meetings are essential events, therefore they have not been cancelled. However, City of Concord officials and staff will conduct meetings telephonically or otherwise electronically. The City will not make available any physical location from which members of the public may observe the meeting and offer public comment. Instead, members of the public may observe and address the meeting remotely. Below is information on how to do that.
Below you will find information on how to watch the meetings and how to make public comment. Please email the Planning Division with any questions.
HOW TO SUBMIT PUBLIC COMMENTS
Written: All comments received before 3:00 pm the day of the meeting will be posted on the City’s website as “Correspondence” under the relevant agenda item and provided to the Planning Commissioners at the meeting. Please email your comments to firstname.lastname@example.org..
- If you are commenting on a particular item on the agenda, please identify the agenda item number and letter.
- If you are commenting on an item not listed on the agenda, please identify your comment as a General Public Comment.
TO PARTICIPATE IN PUBLIC COMMENT DURING THE MEETING
Staff Reads Your Comments Aloud During the Meeting: When the Chair opens the public comment period for the relevant agenda item, please email your comments to email@example.com Prominently write “Read Aloud at Meeting” at the top of the email and your comments will be read into the record (not to exceed three minutes at staff’s cadence). Comments received outside of the public comment period for the relevant item will not be read aloud but will be inserted into the meeting record.
Live Remote Public Comments: Members of the public may submit a live remote public comment via Zoom video conferencing. Download the Zoom mobile app from the Apple Appstore or Google Play. If you are using a desktop computer, you can test your connection to Zoom by clicking here. Zoom also allows you to join the meeting by phone.
- Join the meeting at any point, but be sure you are in the meeting prior to the Planning Commission consideration of the item on which you would like to provide comments.
From a PC, Mac, iPad, iPhone or Android: (Link to be provided via the Planning Commission meeting agenda)
- Webinar ID: (To be provided via the Planning Commission meeting agenda)
- Passcode: (To be provided via the Planning Commission meeting agenda)
By phone: (To be provided via the Planning Commission meeting agenda)
- Speakers will be asked to provide their name and city of residence, although providing this is not required for participation.
- Each speaker will be afforded up to 3 minutes to speak.
- Speakers will be muted until their opportunity to provide public comment.
When the Chair opens a public comment period on the item on which you would like to comment, please use the “raise hand” feature (or press *9 if connecting via telephone) which will alert staff that you have a comment to provide
HOW TO WATCH LIVE PLANNING COMMISSION MEETINGS
There are two ways you can watch the Concord Planning Commission Meetings during this time.
The first is to watch it on TV on Comcast Channel 28, Wave Channel 29, and U-verse Channel 99.
The other option is streaming from the broadcast through the City’s website. This option is outlined below, and it is highly recommended you use a current and well supported browser for this option.
Watch the TV broadcast through the City’s website by following THIS LINK
- Develops and maintains the General Plan of the Concord planning area
- Develops specific plans as necessary, making recommendations to the City Council regarding proposed General Plan amendments and municipal code modifications, and reviews planned district developments, tentative subdivision maps, and use permit applications
- 6:30 P.M.
- First and third Wednesday of the month
AGENDAS & MINUTES
Agendas are available prior to the meetings. Minutes are available following approval.
View Most Recent Agendas and Minutes
Concord TV broadcasts this meeting live on Comcast Channel 28, Wave Channel 29, and U-verse Channel 99.
|Raymond Barbour||February 28, 2021|
|John Mercurio||February 28, 2021|
|Craig Mizutani||February 28, 2021|
|Jason Laub||February 28, 2023|
|Mark Weinmann||February 28, 2023|