Concord's Adopt-A-Street program is similar in concept to the Adopt-A-Highway program operated by Caltrans. It enables interested groups to adopt a minimum half-mile section of one of the City's key thoroughfares. In return for conducting scheduled clean-ups of that stretch of street four times a year, the sponsors are recognized with signage located at the beginning and end of their designated street sections.
The program enables community and civic organizations, private businesses and churches to participate directly in enhancing the overall appearance of the city. For more information, call 925-671-3075 and ask to speak to the Adopt-A-Street Coordinator. View the Adopt-A-Street Program brochure (PDF).
To provide a way for concerned citizens and businesses to actively participate in enhancing Concord's appearance and cleanliness. The program supports the City of Concord's mission to join with the community to make Concord a city of the highest quality.
Who Can Adopt-A-Street
Any interested group that has the enthusiasm and dedication to make our community a better place to live can adopt a street. We welcome:
- Church Groups
- Community and Civic Organizations
- Individual Businesses and Business Organizations
- Neighborhood Associations
What Streets Can Be Adopted
Key thoroughfares are the focus of the first phase of the Adopt-A-Street Program. Streets available for adoption can be found on the map.
What Volunteers Do
Volunteers make a commitment to remove litter along pre-designated sections of city streets a minimum of four times per year for a two-year period. Volunteers are encouraged to monitor conditions on their section of the street and report problems to City staff members for follow up.
The Adoption Process
- Contact Adopt-A-Street Coordinator at the Concord Police Department Code Enforcement Unit at 925-671-3075.
- Obtain, sign, and return the appropriate forms:
- The Volunteer Service Agreement (adult or minor*)
- The Adopt-A-Street Agreement (PDF)
- *Depending on the adoption site and subject to City approval, minors (under the age of 18) may participate. Groups including minors must have at least one adult supervisor over the age of 21 at the site for every five minors present.
- Completed forms are then reviewed by Code Enforcement Unit staff and processed.
- If a proposal is approved, the Adopt-A-Street Coordinator will schedule a safety orientation and dates for the four annual clean-ups with the organization's lead contact person.
- Prior to all clean-up events, the Adopt-A-Street Coordinator will meet the group at the designated clean-up site, distribute supplies and equipment, and review safety procedures.
Acknowledgement & Recognition
Participants in the Adopt-A-Street program will be recognized on signage located at the beginning and end of their adopted street section. Signs will be approximately 18 inches high by 18 inches wide, with the Adopt-A-Street Program Logo, City of Concord logo, and the volunteer group's name on the sign in recognition of their commitment to the community.
Signs will be installed after the group's fourth clean-up event has been held, and will remain in place for the designated adoption period of 2 years.
Targeted Street Locations
- Clayton Road (Ayers Road to Ygnacio Valley Road 0.6 miles)
- Clayton Road (Bailey Road to Ayers Road 0.8 miles)
- Clayton Road (Farm Bureau Road to Davis Street 0.7 miles)
- Clayton Road (Market Street to Galindo Street 0.6 miles)
- Clayton Road (Pine to Concord Avenue 0.6 miles)
- Clayton Road (Treat Boulevard to Bailey Road 0.6 miles)
- Concord Avenue (Willow Pass Road to Highway 242 0.5 miles)
- Concord Avenue (Willow Pass Road to New Drive 0.6 miles)
- Detroit Avenue (Clayton Road to Monument Boulevard 0.9 miles)
- Diamond Boulevard (Concord Avenue to Willow Pass Road 0.8 miles)
- Galindo Street (Laguna Street to Walters Way 0.6 miles)
- Market Street (Concord Avenue to Willow Pass Road 0.6 miles)
- Meadow Lane (Monument Boulevard to Clayton Road 1 miles)
- Monument Boulevard (Oakgrove Road to Victory Lane 0.6 miles)
- Monument Boulevard (Walters Way to Oakgrove Road 0.7 miles)
- Treat Boulevard (Cowell Road to Clayton Road 0.8 miles)
- Willow Pass Road (Contra Costa Boulevard to Diamond Boulevard 0.6 miles)
- Willow Pass Road (Davis Street to Port Chicago Highway 0.7 miles)
- Willow Pass Road (Diamond Boulevard to Pine Street 0.5 miles)
- Willow Pass Road (Farm Bureau Road to Port Chicago Road 0.8 miles)
- Willow Pass Road (Lynwood to Farm Bureau Road 0.8 miles)