Concord Community Institute
Spring 2020 Concord Community Institute application period will open shortly.
The mission of the Concord Community Institute (CCI) is to provide an environment that supports learning, participation and collaboration by raising awareness and understanding of City functions, processes, programs and services.
Anyone 18 years and older who lives, works or owns a business in Concord is invited to apply. We’re looking for participants from all segments of the community.
- Connect with neighbors in the community
- Discover how decisions are made, funds are allocated and departments operate
- Expand your knowledge and become more informed about projects that will shape Concord’s future
- Meet and talk with City of Concord elected officials and staff
- Participate in lively discussions and other fun interactive activities
Over six sessions, CCI offers an opportunity for participants to gain valuable insight into City operations, so they can become knowledgeable about the workings of the City, be more involved in the community, and share information with friends and neighbors.
Participants must be able to attend all six sessions.
|10 a.m. to 2 p.m.||Civic Center,
1950 Parkside Drive
(includes lunch and bus tour)
|6 to 9 p.m.||Concord Senior Center||Funding City Services and Programs|
|6 to 9 p.m.||Senior Center & Baldwin Park||Community Assets - Parks and Roads|
|6 to 9 p.m.||PD Community Room||Keeping the Community Safe|
|6 to 9 p.m.||Permit Center & Council Chamber||How Projects Get Built|
|8:30 a.m. to noon||Council Chamber||Future of Concord and Graduation|