Boards & Commissions
The City establishes boards, commissions, and committees to make recommendations to the City Council on matters within the City's jurisdiction. Members are appointed by and serve at the pleasure of the City Council.
- Serving on a board, commission, or committee is an opportunity for you to participate in local government and serve your community. Learn more about each of the boards, commissions, and committees.
- Start by attending a meeting of the body to which you are considering applying (highly encouraged).
- Term Length: Most members are appointed to serve, without pay, for four-year terms. Planning Commission and Design Review Board do receive a stipend and some bodies have two-year terms.
- Time Commitment: Bodies meet with different frequencies, but typically once a month. Some may require more than one meeting a month in certain circumstances. Additional time is required to prepare for each meeting.
- Boards, commissions, and committees act under policies and ordinances of the City Council.
Applying for a Board, Commission, or Committee
- Read each body's description and requirements carefully, they differ.
- Meeting attendance is required.
- Individuals may serve on only one board, commission, or committee at any given time.
- Members will be asked to complete a Form 700 and Ethics Training as identified in the City's Ethics Code.
How to Apply
- The Boards, Commission, and Committee Application can be filled out online for bodies with vacancies.
- Applicants are interviewed by the appropriate City Council Committee; recommendations are then made to the entire City Council for appointment. Planning Commission interviews are held by the full City Council.
- A formal recruitment will occur on odd-numbered years, or when an interim vacancy occurs.
|Board or Commission||Terms Begin||Terms Expire|
|Bicycle and Pedestrian Advisory Committee||March 1||February 28
|Board of Appeals||March 1||February 28
|Concord Pavilion Outreach Committee||March 1||February 28
|Concord Pleasant Hill Health Care District Grant Committee||July 1||June 30|
|Commission on Aging||July 1||June 30|
|Community Services Commission||July 1||June 30|
|Design Review Board||March 1||February 28
|Measure Q Oversight Committee||January 1||December 31|
|Parks, Recreation and Open Space Commission||July 1||June 30|
|Personnel Board||March 1||February 28
|Planning Commission||March 1||February 28