Report a Crime
Ways to Report Crimes
- In person: Visit the Concord Police Department Community Service Desk
- Over the phone: Call the Community Service Desk at 925-671-3220
- Report a crime in progress or an emergency: Call 911 or 925-671-3333
- Report a crime that does not meet the conditions outlined on this page: Call the Community Service Desk at 925-671-3220
How to Report a Crime Online
We are no longer accepting thefts from vehicles online. Please call 925-671-3220 to report these crimes with an officer.
Many non-emergency crimes can be reported online, allowing you to avoid waiting for an officer to take the report. To see if you qualify, please read the following checklist:.
- The crime is not an emergency. Call 911 or 925-671-3333 if this is an emergency.
- Online reporting must fall into one of these crime classifications and have no suspect, no evidence, no surveillance and no serial numbers
There are no known suspects and there is no obvious evidence (such as video or witnesses). Crimes with possible suspect information must be reported to an officer. Call 925-671-3220 for more information.
- The crime is one of the following:
- Child Custody, Documentation of Violation of Order
- Garbage Dumping
- Harassing Phone Calls
- Identity Theft
- Lost, Stolen, or Vandalized Property
- Non-Injury Traffic Collision or Hit and Run Traffic Collision
- Theft from storage unit
- Theft from unlocked garage
- Vehicle Tampering (Example: Keying or attempts to remove vehicle parts)
- The crime occurred within the city limits of Concord, California (PDF).
- The crime did not occur on a state freeway. If the crime occurred on a state freeway, contact the California Highway Patrol.
- If you are reporting a lost or stolen license plate, please come to the station to report directly to an Officer.
- If your missing property has a complete serial number and you know it, please call 925-671-3220 for a desk officer.
- You have a valid email address.
- For security purposes, and to prevent fraud, your IP address will be recorded with the report. Caution: Filing a false police report is a crime.
File a New Report
By clicking the following link, I have read the statements above and my report meets all of these criteria.
Retrieving a Report
If you have already submitted a report online, you can retrieve a report online.